Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND, MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 4 – 5 years
- Location: Borno
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit, Project Management
- Under the supervision of the Senior Technical Officer, the Technical Officer will support state governments at LGA and Community levels to improve access to RMNCH services by providing technical expertise on G-ANC model implementation, malaria IPTp, E-MOTIVE bundle and other RMNCH priorities.
- They will also lead systems strengthening activities and will ensure that all project activities support the capacity building of local government stakeholders and systems.
- They will provide technical oversight to the LGA MCH coordinators in their catchment LGAs to ensure the effective implementation of the G-ANC program.
Key Performance Areas
Major Activities / Responsibilities
- Technical support and Implementation
- Provide expert guidance on G-ANC model implementation, malaria IPTp, and other RMNCH priorities to state stakeholders at LGA, facility and community levels.
- Support planning, design, implementation, monitoring, and documentation of best practices for high-impact RMNCH, G-ANC, and malaria interventions.
- Provide technical and programmatic support for implementing high-quality reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health activities.
- Offer technical support for planning and implementing G-ANC services in targeted health facilities and LGAs.
Quality Improvement and Systems Strengthening
- Provide technical oversight to LGA MCH coordinators for effective G-ANC program implementation.
- Support implementation of facility and community-based activities, including referral systems and linkages between PHCs and secondary facilities
- Collaborate with stakeholders to build capacity and provide mentorship on RMNCH, G-ANC, and malaria.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites and provide supportive supervision and mentorship.
- Conduct regular data review and analysis of immunization and RMNCH data for program improvement.
- Support in designing BCC/IEC materials and job aids for health workers.
- Provide supportive supervision, post-training follow-up, and on-the-job training mentorship to health workers and community health influencers.
- Review, analyze, and report on cluster LGAs data, including trend analysis and pre- and post-intervention assessments.
- Contribute to the preparation of timely and quality monthly, quarterly/annual progress reports.
Advocacy and Community Engagement
- Work with the Gender officer to conduct social mobilization and advocacy campaigns to ensure the utilization of vaccines at targeted health facilities.
- Support the development of Behavior Change Communication (BCC) and Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) materials for health workers.
- Assist with budget planning, presentations, and community meetings
Collaboration and Knowledge Management
- Stay informed about current RMNCH developments and research to inform project implementation.
- Participate in meetings, consultations, and technical working groups related to RMNCH and immunization.
- Perform other duties as assigned..
Minimum Education and Work Experience:
- RN / RM Degree in Clinical Nursing / Midwifery or Public Health Degree (Master’s Degree in Public Health is preferred)
- 4 – 5 years demonstrated knowledge and experience in designing and managing clinical trainings (specific experience with EMoNC training is desirable)
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian public and private health sectors
- Familiarity with different sociocultural and developmental issues related to RH/FP in Nigeria and the international community.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
Minimally Required Job-specific Competencies:
- Ability to define and solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions
- Excellent interpersonal and communications (written and verbal) skills
- Should speak one or two major local languages of the project area
- Good problem-solving skills
- Mature, responsible and able to meet deadlines under pressure
- Strong interest in community capacity/capability building
- Good advocacy skill and experience in community mobilization and service delivery.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Foundational knowledge of MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint, and PowerPoint.
- Languages: Advanced writing and speaking skills using local language and English language.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills. Advanced knowledge of report writing.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge and or expressed interest of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including strategies and indicators.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Advanced influencing and diplomacy skills. Advanced customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Confidentiality: Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
Method of Application
No reviews found!