MSI Nigeria Reproductive Choices is a result-oriented social enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSI Nigeria’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services. MSI Nigeria Reproductive Choices is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide and it operates in Nigeria through six service delivery channels.
Position: Social & Behavioural Change Communication Officer (SBCCO)
Location: Adamawa, Katsina & Imo State
This position reports to the Regional Manager with a technical reporting line to the Regional Marketing and Communication Advisor, and the Head, Marketing and Communications. This role is key to delivering high-impact results across project states. It plays a crucial role in creating and generating high demand for MSI Nigeria’s services; raising awareness on the types of services available; increasing external visibility; disseminating information on the importance of various products and services; creating interest and mobilizing communities to use facilities, products and services supported by MSI Nigeria. This role uses innovative techniques to reach and drive different segments of the market (adolescents, married, unmarried, younger, older, men, women) towards behaviour and norm change around their reproductive health. It also supports MSI Nigeria’s delivery teams on the specific needs of these target groups to inform tailored services to meet clients’ needs. MSI Nigeria’s SBCC Officer works with a designated channel and supports the sales and social marketing team of MSI.
Community Mobilization o Plan and execute community entry activities (mapping, identification of key influencers/targets, engagements)
- Stakeholder mapping (identify influencers, partners, and antagonists), develop/implement an engagement plan for effective stakeholder relationship and support.
- Develop a database of contacts. This will include local leaders (Govt, non-government, religious, community, etc.) relevant to MSI Nigeria’s work.
- Develop and implement mobilisation plans, identifying whom to target, when, why, where, and how
- Establish and maintain relationships with all key stakeholders, the media, and other partners that impact the work of MSI Nigeria.
Lead CBO Management o Identify Community Based Organisations (CBOs), relevant bodies, and partners for demand generation in the community.
- Develop and implement a robust capacity building plan for CBOs, town announcers, Ward Development Associations (WDA), Ward Development Committees (WDC), and Youth Champions (YC).
- Lead the implementation of a robust communication strategy for effective sensitization and stigma reduction in the communities through effective stakeholder engagement.
Ensure the full implementation of MSI Nigeria’s community engagement strategy across channels of operation.
- Lead the demand creation, generation, marketing, and clients’ uptake of relevant MSI Nigeria products and services.
- Guided by the channel SUMO, and MSI Nigeria’s demand generation strategy, conduct mobilization activities with target groups that will result in footfalls and uptake of MSI Nigeria’s services.
- Prepare and design monthly activity plans as relevant to state, regional, and national activities.
- Meeting and collaboration with key government stakeholders at local and state levels – reproductive health coordinators, officers in charge at PHCs, HODs for Health, etc.
- Advocacy meetings and engagement with key groups – Stakeholder engagement, traditional and religious leaders, youth and women’s group engagement, use of town criers, door-to-door,
- Develop and implement clear plans for adolescent engagement, demand generation, and stigma reduction.
- Identify hot spots and strategies for engagement to increase PAC.
- Ensure that all channel/cost center targets are achieved.
Lead Demand Creation and Marketing o Articulate a clear demand generation (DG) strategy specific for channels of operation. o Conduct a clear on-going analysis of the market, by segment, location, accessibility to promote products on the project.
- Ensure complete referral and service uptake at the facility level.
- Ensure effective mobilization of clients to service providers. o Implement innovative methods for effective contact center marketing.
- Responsible for achieving target numbers of service uptake on the projects.
Advocacy and External Engagement o Periodic sensitization with Police at divisional and local level on SRH with support from the Regional Manager and Regional Marketing and Communications Advisor.
- Engagement with Traditional and Religious leaders to create an enabling environment for programme implementation.
- Engagement with media for positive insight on a project with support from the Regional Manager.
- Engage with the State Ministry of Health, and relevant line ministries and attend TWG meetings with support from the Regional Manager.
- Identify with opportunities for a partnership to enhance the visibility of MSI Nigeria.
- Ensure data quality check and timely reporting. o Ensure data spot check and validation. o Ensure effective referral tracking.
- Track inreaches and service uptake at the facility level o Track referrals to the contact center.
- Ensure prompt submission of a monthly and quarterly report, MoreTogether stories, and success stories from activities including high-quality photographs.
- Minimum of 3 years’ post-NYSC experience in strategic communications o First Degree in any discipline o Effective Communication and management skill is an added advantage. o Experience in CSO management and effective planning and engagement o Demonstrate great advocacy skills and community engagement. o Knowledge of donor contract requirments for budgeting and reporting. o Ability to establish and maintain contacts with senior-level government officals.
- Remote work and remote teams’ management experience o Ability to communicate effectively (both written and orally) across levels.
Cross-functional team player. o Effective communication and management skill is an added advantage. o Strategic thinker, excellent analytical and effective communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and management aptitude in leading diverse teams remotely.
Pro-choice. o Flexibility to operate in a changing environment and strong change management skills.
o High Decision and initiation skills
Note: There are no relocation allowances available for this position.
Interested persons may send a comprehensive resume with a brief cover letter as ONE MS Word document or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than February 7TH, 2024. If you wish to be considered for the post, please specify the position and the Location in the subject line. Note that if the underline instructions are not followed application will not be considered.
MSI Nigeria Reproductive Choices provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
No reviews found!