We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programs Coordinator – KOTS
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- The Kids-Off-The-Street (KOTS) Shelter Programs Coordinator is a full-time, permanent role with the location in Lekki-Ajah, Lagos state.
- S/He will oversee and plan all programs and activities in the Kids-Off-The-Street Shelter (KOTS), support the House Manager in all her duties, and act as the liaison officer between the Children, their schools, and the PISTIS Foundation Education unit.
- Oversee, develop, plans, and implements all Educational and co-curriculum programs.
- Participate in the orientation of new intakes and volunteers into the shelter.
- Supervise and support all program staff (tutoring classes, volunteers, direct observation, written evaluations).
- Ensures shelter rules and procedures are adhered to.
- Serves as the go-to person whenever the House Manager is unavailable.
- Responsible for setting the shelter’s annual budget regarding shelter programs e.g. extra-curricular classes or activities and making sure the shelter does not go over that budget.
- In conjunction with the House Manager, sets annual goals and objectives for the shelter and implements a plan to reach those goals.
- Supports the House Manager in Developing and maintaining policies and procedures of the shelter. Ensures compliance with the policies and procedures for both clients and staff.
- Participates in all management meetings.
- Provides First Aid to the children in the shelter.
- Provides support to the House Manager in Managing effectively the interface with family members, law courts and regulatory agencies as required.
- Acts as a social worker representative on behalf of the children in the law courts.
- Maintains and updates case files of all children in the shelter and keeps all records pertaining to academic and co-curricular activities daily logs, progress notes, incident reports etc.
- Provides counseling to children in the shelter and ensures confidentiality of children in the shelter.
- Provides tutoring assistance to the children in the shelter.
- Support with timely renewal of regulatory licenses as at when required.
- Monthly/weekly shelter budget inputs and manage assigned budget.
- Assist with contract negotiations, new & existing licenses evaluation.
- HND or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Education Administration, Social Work or related field is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4yrs working experience in the education, administration or related field.
- Teaching background an asset
- Computer proficiency particularly in Microsoft Office i.e. excel, power point & word in their application to problem solving (Budget calculation, presentation, reports, etc.)
- Working knowledge and application of Graphics design or use of Corel Draw an added advantage
- A working knowledge of how to plan, implement and supervise programs for children.
- Hands on experience working with children from various socio-economic backgrounds.
- Hands-on knowledge and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office i.e. Excel, PowerPoint & Word in their application to problem solving e.g. Budget calculations, presentations, reports etc.
- Ability to tutor children and provide quality care to children in the shelter.
- Good supervision skills.
- Experienced managerial skills
- Loves working with children, empathetic, mature & caring.
- Good leadership skills, experience of mentoring junior staff.
- Team player & self-motivated with the ability to work as an effective change agent.
- Cost consciousness and ability to delegate.
- Effective communication Skills.
- Good Interpersonal Skills.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Agile, ability to walk up and down the stairs, ability to lift at least 15kg.
- Ability to drive
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
No reviews found!