We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Management Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Logistics Coordinator or another designated staff, the Warehouse officer will be responsible for the following key duties:
- Responsible for the effective planning and management of warehouse operations, to ensure safe and efficient warehousing and storage of all commodities and supplies.
- Ensure the warehouse is clean, well arranged and commodities stacked professionally.
- Coordinate the receipt/dispatch of commodities, to ensure accurate recording, accounting and reporting is available at all times to support decision-making.
- Responsible for the accuracy of warehouse transaction records including identification of discrepancies, to ensure immediate and accurate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Implements and enforces COOPI warehouse policies and procedures.
- Ensure the warehouses are free from rodents, pests and termites by ensuring regular fumigation.
- Responsible for inventory management (e.g. physical stock verification, reporting, etc.), to ensure any existing and developing issues with regards to proper stocks management are timely addressed and COOPI standard procedures for commodity handling and storage are strictly followed.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports and statistics on warehouse operations, to support informed planning and decision-making.
- Oversee safeguarding of commodities through providing guidance on and taking initiative towards implementation of preventive measures, to ensure that commodities are preserved in good condition and that quality control actions are initiated as appropriate following COOPI established procedures.
- Review on periodic basis warehouse space availability, plan and implement new design layouts to support needs and ensure cost-efficiency.
- Work in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, in order to deliver aligned and coherent warehouse services.
- Identify training needs and efficiently plan training, to ensure that storekeepers have the required knowledge and skills to carry out their responsibilities.
- Periodically pay visits to the Food Distribution Points to accertain proper procedures are followed.
- Directly supervise Store keeps, and other warehouse staff, to ensure high-performance standards.
- Submit reports after each distribution cycle the Logistics Coordinator, Project Manager and Deputy Project Manager.
- Keep an accurate and up-to-date record of the store contents, inward and outward movement of goods in the warehouse are registered and updated on the WFP platform / portal as well.
- Immediatly report on any discrepancies or theft noticed on any items
- Perform other duties as required
Code of Conduct and Associated Policies
- Treat beneficiaries with dignity and apply COOPI’s Code of Ethics and Conduct, the UN Convention for the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW), and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) in the field, including sensitizing Field Monitors and vendors/agents on such principles.
- Promote the zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and ensure adherence to COOPI Code of Conduct and Anti-Fraud policy.
Profile of the Candidate (Education, Training, Experience, Competences, Skills)
- University Degree in either Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent, Business Administration, or another relevant field experience with additional years of related work experience and/or specialized training/courses.
- At least 3 years working in Warehouse Management with an INGO.
- Experience working in North West or North East Nigeria will be an added advantage.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Sound understanding of warehouse management, concepts and principles with a broad knowledge of best practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of common procurement / logistics principles and possesses and the ability to quickly assimilate COOPI and donors’ processes and systems;
- Ability to rapidly analyse and integrate diverse information.
- Good communication and negotiation skills with the ability to persuade, influence and adapts quickly to different situations;
- Excellent oral, and writing skills.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented;
- Ability to work independently and in a team with other departments and units
- Be professional, motivated, flexible, and culturally sensitive
- Be excellent in communication skills and proficient in report writing.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programming (Access, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Excellent communication, writing, and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, coordination, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work in a team, and establish effective working relationships with people from different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and simultaneously manage multiple tasks in an autonomous manner.
- Previous work experience with INGOs and UN Organization is desirable
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa and Kanuri).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Previous experience in a similar position
- This ToR shall be inclusive of any other task specifically those assigned by the Logistics Coordinator, Area Coordinator, PM and DPM.
Application Closing Date
6th February, 2024 (On a rolling basis).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
- Qualified candidates with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
No reviews found!