Job Title: Business and Investment Expert – West Africa
Contract Type: Full-time, International
Duty Station: Nigeria (preferably), or Ghana
Contract Duration: 2 years with the possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: 1st of January 2024
Travel: Frequently within West Africa (30%)
You will have a crucial role in driving the mission of the DFCD Origination Facility, with key responsibilities including:
- Scoping and Structuring New Business Cases:
- Contribute to the identification and preparation of investment proposals through analysis and discussions with internal staff and clients.
- Provide strategic support to in-country BOA’s in identifying and elaborating on business proposals and investment plans.
- Ensure compliance of business cases with the fund’s assessment framework.
- Undertake administrative tasks related to file completion, compliance, and reporting.
- Support the planning and execution of due diligence visits.
- Participate in client visits as needed.
- Analyse financial data, including ratios, projections, and budgets.
- Support the legal contracting process with guidance from a legal advisor.
- Monitoring a Portfolio of Contracted Grants in the Region:
- Prepare credit reviews, including market and financial analysis.
- Support in-country BOA’s in monitoring in-country portfolios by responding to requests for information and support.
- Undertake administrative tasks concerning file completion, compliance, reporting, and drafting watch-list proposals, change requests, and disbursement memos.
- Participate in client monitoring visits when required.
- Providing Analysis and Support:
- Offer support on repeat transactions for existing clients.
- Assist team members in various aspects of the portfolio management process.
- Hold an MSc Degree in Agri-economics, Finance, Business Administration, or Engineering.
- Possess a minimum of 7 years of working experience, including 5 years as an investment business expert and/or in investment banking.
- Proven track record in developing investment proposals and financial modelling.
- Strong strategic thinking and leadership skills to drive the scoping and structuring of complex business cases and provide valuable support to the team.
- Experience in an international environment, especially in emerging markets.
- Expertise in climate finance, with the ability to navigate and leverage financial mechanisms for sustainable projects.
- Experience in policy advocacy for climate and development issues.
- Effective relationship builder with a client-centric approach.
- Diplomatic and tactful in interactions with diverse stakeholders.
- Proficiency in risk assessment to make informed decisions.
- Collaborative team player with a proactive, solution-oriented attitude.
- Excellent planning, administration, organizing, and prioritizing skills to manage complex projects efficiently.
- Ability to identify and mitigate risks, escalating issues when needed.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal, with a preference for proficiency in French, both written and verbal.
- Share a deep affinity with SNV’s mission and thematic areas.
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
No reviews found!