International IDEA anticipates managing the second phase of the “Rule of Law and Anti-Corruption (RoLAC) Phase II Programme” in Nigeria. The programme is funded by the EU for a period of five years. The programme will work towards three anticipated Outcomes:
- Outcome 1: Enhanced performance, quality, and oversight of the criminal justice system and of justice service delivery.
- Outcome 2: Improved access to justice for vulnerable women, children, juveniles, persons with disabilities and victims of sexual and gender-based violence.
- Outcome 3: Increased transparency and accountability of anti-corruption systems and reforms.
The Communications Assistant supports the production of content for the RoLAC Programme. These tasks require interfacing with teams, gathering information, prioritize content, and stay ahead of news and events. The Communications Assistant provides assistance in writing, editing and targeting dissemination for the promotion of the organization’s key issues, events and resources. Primary areas of focus are media, outreach, website and social media, as identified in International IDEA’s communications strategy. The Communications Assistant provides other related support in accordance with the Programme’s needs and requirements
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Assists the Communication Officer in the implementation of the programmes communication and visibility plan
- Provides communications and media support to the programme’s events;
- Assists the Head of Programme in responding to media/press inquiries and pitching of Op-Eds and stories for media placement as required;
- Supports the regular update of the organization’s press lists;
- Assists in the preparation and editing of web articles, social media posts, press releases, newspaper stories, audio, video, online and other outreach content in English, as required;
- Assists in maintaining the social media handles of the programme
- Regularly attends programme team meetings to stay well-informed about planned activities, upcoming events and campaigns; Assists with the identification of key counterparts across programme teams to facilitate information sharing;
- Assists with the coordination of the timely content development production and dissemination of periodical newsletters and other products (such as impact reports, case stories, how-to-guides, etc) with programme colleagues and manages an editorial calendar for the proposed content and themes.
The Communications Assistant must possess and be able to demonstrate:
- High school diploma required. University degree in communications, journalism, international relations, or a related subject considered an advantage
- Minimum three (3) years professional experience, including substantial internships, as a journalist or writer in communications for development, with a focus in social media and preferably in an international context;
- Experience of creating and maintaining social media campaigns is advantageous;
- Experience of working in an international context, e.g., in an intergovernmental organization, considered an advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and spoken;
- Proven experience in preparing and writing material for social media channels and a range of traditional media and for the web;
- Proficiency in using Drupal, style sheets, Microsoft Office, and photography (Photoshop) and multimedia software are assets;
Please note as this is a local post, International IDEA will bear no costs relating to relocation of the selected candidate to the duty station. This position is open to those legally authorized to live and work in Nigeria for the duration of the contract. International IDEA is not able to support work permit applications.
This is a fixed term appointment for 2 years after commencement.
International IDEA is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.
How to apply
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Sunday 15th October to firstname.lastname@example.org
No reviews found!