ASSOCIATE MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER
International IDEA anticipates managing the second phase of the “Rule of Law and Anti-Corruption (RoLAC) Phase II Programme” in Nigeria. The programme is funded by the EU for a period of five years. The programme will work towards three anticipated Outcomes:
- Outcome 1: Enhanced performance, quality, and oversight of the criminal justice system and of justice service delivery.
- Outcome 2: Improved access to justice for vulnerable women, children, juveniles, persons with disabilities and victims of sexual and gender-based violence.
- Outcome 3: Increased transparency and accountability of anti-corruption systems and reforms.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will support the development and implementation of the RoLAC programme results management framework. The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and in close collaboration with the team.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Supports the development of monitoring and evaluation frameworks, tools, processes, and practices for the RoLAC II programme that responds to both donor and International IDEA needs;
- Coordinates activity and outcome reporting of all programme evaluations and the monitoring of results;
- Supports RoLAC II planning and the compilation of partner inputs; Assists effective collaboration between the programme partners;
- Supports effective collaboration between the RoLAC II project managers and M&E officers;
- Supports the internal and external communication of RoLAC II results (in conjunction with the Communications team);
- Supports the development and production of all reporting under the programme, including quarterly, yearly, and final reports;
- Participates in the continuous development of policies, guidelines, standards and tools for planning, monitoring, evaluation, and results-based management in collaboration with International IDEA’s regional office, HQ, and the donor;
- Supports capacity building and training for national partners on monitoring and evaluation related processes; Contributes to ongoing internal training;
The Associate Monitoring & Evaluation Officer must possess and be able to demonstrate:
- Undergraduate degree in in social science, political sciences, law, international development, or other relevant discipline;
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation, supporting monitoring and evaluation activities of international development projects, preferably with a focus on support to democratic institutions and civil society organizations;
- Proven experience in designing, implementing, and operating project monitoring and evaluation systems from project initiation to closeout stages is essential;
- Experience with EU funded projects and requirements, as well as familiarity with their processes and systems is essential;
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies is essential;
- Experience in planning and managing surveys on the behavioral impact of programmes implemented is considered an advantage;
- Experience of working in an international context, e.g., in an intergovernmental organization, considered an advantage.
- Combines in-depth knowledge, acquired through academic achievements, and solid understanding and experience of monitoring, evaluation and learning systems and approaches, including outcome mapping tools and processes;
- Contributes to assigned projects throughout the project life cycle; Supports strategic planning, results-based management and reporting;
- Driven and motivated, can work independently and within a small team, to produce high-quality deliverables in a timely manner;
- Adds value to team-based activities in his/her unit; collaborates with other stakeholders and partners in the projects as required; shows initiative;
- Follows internal procedures to ensure high standards of performance and compliance with Institutional guidelines;
- Integrates a results-based approach into the design, management, and evaluation of all their programmatic activities;
- Has a good understanding of the AWA region, specifically Nigeria where their work is implemented, combined with a good understanding of related disciplines in order to approach activities in a holistic manner;
- Contributes to the research of information on donors and partners, and all other activities related to resource mobilization and partnership building;
Please note as this is a local post, International IDEA will bear no costs relating to relocation of the selected candidate to the duty station. This position is open to those legally authorized to live and work in Nigeria for the duration of the contract. International IDEA is not able to support work permit applications.
This is a fixed term appointment for 2 years after commencement.
International IDEA is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.
How to apply
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Sunday, 15th October to email@example.com
No reviews found!