STATE ASSOCIATE PROJECT OFFICERS (x4)
International IDEA anticipates managing the second phase of the “Rule of Law and Anti-Corruption (RoLAC) Phase II Programme” in Nigeria. The programme is funded by the EU for a period of five years. The programme will work towards three anticipated Outcomes:
- Outcome 1: Enhanced performance, quality, and oversight of the criminal justice system and of justice service delivery.
- Outcome 2: Improved access to justice for vulnerable women, children, juveniles, persons with disabilities and victims of sexual and gender-based violence.
- Outcome 3: Increased transparency and accountability of anti-corruption systems and reforms.
The State Associate Project Officer will be responsible for supporting the planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting, and communication of the project in the state.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Supports the State Project Coordinator in the design, management, and oversight of state plans, strategies, and processes;
- Coordinates and manages relationships with related partners and stakeholders, including efficient follow up with partners on tasks and expectations, and liaison with state focal persons on agreed actions;
- Plans, organizes, and manages related events and activities at the state level;
- Supports the State Project Coordinator, the Monitoring and Evaluation team, and other programme staff to develop, prepare, deliver, and monitor the activity implementation plan and records and measures progress against programme performance indicators;
- Supports and actively monitors timely delivery against activity schedules, targets, and milestones on all relevant and associated interventions and assignments;
- Ensures the collection, collation and analysis of participants and stakeholder feedback for all related interventions and events to ensure quality and effectiveness can be assessed and recommend improvement;
- Manages all administrative aspects to ensure timely procurement in line with established organizational policies and guidelines. Quality assures and provides feedback to the Procurement Officer on the quality of services and items procured; Ensures appropriate branding of all capital equipment procured for the project, in accordance with organizational and EU branding and visibility guidelines;
- Supports the State Project Coordinator, the Monitoring and Evaluation team, and the Communications team in gathering data and evidence to consolidate monthly, quarterly, annual and such other strategic programme reports;
The State Associate Project Officer must possess and be able to demonstrate:
- University degree (or equivalent) in social science, political sciences, law, international development, or other relevant discipline;
- A minimum of five (5) years professional experience in Rule of Law and/or any of the three thematic areas (Criminal Justice, Access to Justice, anti-corruption), within Nigeria is essential;
- Experience of working with government agencies and civil society organizations in Nigeria is considered an asset;
- Experience of working on EU projects, as well as familiarity with EU processes and systems considered an advantage;
- Experience of working in an international context, e.g., in an intergovernmental organization, considered an advantage.
- Requires good knowledge, excellent skills, and experience in atleast one of RoLAC II’s thematic areas (the Criminal Justice, Access to Justice, Anti-corruption), Democracy Development, parliamentary work, and project management;
- Will contribute to assigned projects in different aspects of the project life cycle; will draft various documents (briefs, reports, concept notes, info-notes etc.) and will support the projects vis-à-vis all internal and external stakeholders;
- Driven and motivated, can work independently and within a small team, to produce high-quality deliverables in a timely manner;
- Adds value to team-based activities in his/her unit; collaborates with other stakeholders and partners in the projects as required; shows initiative;
Please note as this is a local post, International IDEA will bear no costs relating to relocation of the selected candidate to the duty station. This position is open to those legally authorized to live and work in Nigeria for the duration of the contract. International IDEA is not able to support work permit applications.
This is a fixed term appointment for 2 years after commencement.
International IDEA is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.
How to apply
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Sunday 15th October to firstname.lastname@example.org
No reviews found!