Cultivate to Educate Foundation (CEF)
We save the lives of children and their families. We enable people to provide for themselves, and we constantly search for more effective solutions, while sharing our knowledge and expertise with the world. We push for long-term change. We are committed to building inclusive workplaces welcoming people from different backgrounds
More than 1.6 billion people live in fragile and conflict-affected settings in the world. While over 100 million people are forcibly displaced. They are hit hardest by conflict and natural disasters. In their daily life, they search for safety and freedom, shelter, a doctor when needed, an income, and even food for the next day. Their quest is universal: to live in dignity.
We operate in the fragile and volatile settings of Nigeria. Where communities and governments struggle to absorb and mitigate economic, political, and environmental shocks and risks. And where a lot of citizens do not have access to even the most basic services, due to poverty or armed conflict.
We address these causes of fragility. We support local communities in creating food security, livelihood, offering WASH and education, assuring access to justice (protection), and promoting gender equality. We empower people economically, facilitate jobs, and foster inclusive economic growth.
Job Title: Education Volunteer
The Education Volunteer will play a crucial role for the planning, implementing and provision of training and support, to local educators, volunteers, staff members involved in educational initiatives and improving quality education to disadvantaged communities, giving excellent opportunity to individuals interested in making a meaningful impact in the field of education and community development.
- Conduct needs assessments and research to identify educational priorities and gaps with target communities.
- Coordinate with internal teams and external partners to ensure smooth Implementation and delivery of educational activities.
- Advocacy to policies that promote and give access to quality education
- Capacity building which includes the provision of training and support to local educators, volunteers and staff members involved in educational initiatives.
- Community engagement in building strong relationships with community leaders, schools and other stakeholders.
- Must be committed and ready to work
- Versatile, Passionate and ability to meet deadlines
- Coordinates children and gets children interested in school activities
Experience and Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in Education, English, International Development, Social Sciences or a related field.
- 0-1 years of experience in program coordination, project management, including experience, working in educational sector.
- Strong understanding of educational theory, teaching, and curriculum development.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal-skills, with the ability to engage diverse stakeholders effectively.
- Commitment and passion for making a positive impact in communities.
- Fluency in English and willingness to travel to remote or underserved areas as needed
|Abuja, FCT, Nigeria
No reviews found!